Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Being Naughty and It's Consequences

Yes, even I, The Terminator, The Machine, The Everyready Bunny, can fall.  I didn't fall far, but I found myself snacking, not on carrots, or celery, but on dark chocolate covered almonds (store bought at that!).  For some reason, I find myself doing the things I shouldn't, such as snacking. 

Is it the end of the world?  Not really.  I played, I paid in a 6 tenths of a pound gain.  I am still under my LDW (by 1.4 lbs), which gives me a bit of elbow room, but I would rather have either stabilization or a loss (OK, I would rather take the loss!).

I seriously have to refocus.  I am tauting the greatness of Paleo, and stuffing my face (maybe "stuffing" is a bit harsh) with sweet treats.  And, everyone knows, me and sugar don't mix!

This morning I had a breakfast scramble with leftovers from dinner last night, and 2 eggs.  Quite tasty, but it will take some getting used to.  I almost defaulted to bacon and eggs, but decided to hold off, 'cause to make my protein high enough, I would have to eat 4 to 5 eggs (@7 g. protein/egg) and 8 strips of bacon (I use ends and pieces from Trader Joe's, so a bit less, 'cause they are thicker usually).

So, the LRx is going well, at least me getting up and eating.  It's the afternoons that send me over the edge, afternoons have always been my "danger" time.  It's the time I am most bored and just want to eat.  I think that that's it.  In the past, when I was bored, or upset, I would acknowledge that I want to eat, but have no reason to, and chug down some water.

OK, game plan in place.  Now, this afternoon, I have to put it in action.  Crossing fingers and toes on this one.  I would like to see 199 by next week or so.  Between keeping the "Beast" under control and doing some exercises, I should get there!  It's only 3.1 pounds!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment