Thursday, October 11, 2012

Just an Update

Well, it looked like I was going to be stable at 198.2, I was there for 2 consecutive days, but this morning I was up a pound.  Bummer.  I am still in "one"derland, but flirting with the 200's, too close for comfort.

There isn't a whole lot of adjusting.  There are a couple of reasons I gained:  1) TMI ALERT- I need to "go", and 2)  I nibbled some sausage and pepperoni off the family's pizza, and it was late!  There is a new stress in the house, my MIL is lashing out at me (she's schizophrenic), and I am on her radar as an enemy.  So, it's not going to get any better.  Hopefully my FIL will take charge and deal with her, but he hasn't in the 5 months they've lived with us, and I don't expect him to do anything now.  That's OK, I will be the "bad guy" and have her 5150'd.  With two small children in the house, I don't want a scene, but I don't know just how far off the deep end she will go.  I have no experience with this, and I will let the professionals handle it.

Until the drama unfolded, we were having a great day.  It's Fire Prevention Week, and they had a safety fair in Chico.  Lots of police, firemen, park rangers, and even the Life Flight crew from Enloe hospital.  We got to see the helicopter land and take off, very exciting and cool!

My kids might just be in the local paper, which will be a hoot!

I did have a nice talk with a young man who was a student (at Chico State, I assume), working on being a PE teacher, I am sure there is a more PC term, but he and I talked kettle bells and Paleo.  His Vibrams were the conversation starter!

All in all, it was a great day, very kid oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment