Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Women Trying to Lose Weight

Well, I am on my last bottle of HCG, and have a tentative plan set up for the rest of the year.

Mid April:  transition to P3 (21 days)
Early May: transition to P4 (21 days)
End of May:  Start again with HCG (hopefully it works) P2 (43 days)
Early July:  transition to P3 (21 days)
Early August:  cycle to P2 (43 days)
Mid September:  transition to P3 (21 days)
Early October:  cycle to P2 (43 days)
Mid November:  transition to P3 (21 days)
Mid December:  transition to P4 (lifetime)

When I say 2012 is my year to lose weight, I mean it!  I am hoping that by the end of the year I will be under 200 lbs.  Life can be fickle, and so can HCG.  The best I can do is keep my eyes on the prize.  If I can get a large portion of this weight off, then it will be much easier to lose whatever is left thru a Primal/Paleo eating style and exercise.
Once I transition to the P3's, I will be doing plenty of exercising.  With the Littles, and having a Wii, and following some strength and "Grok" style training, I don't see any reason why I can't have a healthy body and a healthy mind.
Food is food.  It is fuel for our bodies.  Food isn't a friend, or even an enemy.  It doesn't love, it doesn't hate.  Now that I have a better understanding of what food is, and more importantly, what food ISN'T, I can move forward, and start focusing on moving my body with exercise.  Not becoming one of those crazy women who spend every waking hour in the gym (I don't like those people!), but someone who will romp and play with the kids.  Teaching them soccer, baseball, kickball, basketball, jump roping, hiking, camping, tennis (my personal favorite).  Taking advantage of all outdoor activities. 
I have spent far too much time in front of the boob tube, and am seeing signs of passing that bad habit on to the Littles.
Last night, the Puddin' asked me if he was fat.  He isn't, and I told him so, with a caveat that he could stand to do some exercising.  I told him that I was fat, and he said, yeah, but you are losing weight.  Lord, bless him and keep him.  Because of his autism/retardation, he will probably be living with us forever, and I can serve him best by being in great shape, and helping him stay healthy too.
Health is not about looking good (that's just a side effect), it's about feeling good, loving life, and LIVING for those you love (even yourself).
So, I have a plan.  This is my year.  My year to come out of my own shadow.  By the time I am done, I will have lost the equivalent of a whole person.  Right now I have lost the equivalent of 6 gallons of milk (8lbs/gallon).  Yes, I could pick up 6 gallons of milk, but it would be really heavy, and I have lost that off my body!  I am 6 gallons lighter!  Now onward to the 7th gallon!

No comments:

Post a Comment