Saturday, June 23, 2012

Needing "Throne Time"

This is a TMI posting, so reader beware....

I am on VLCD 12, finally breaking a short stall (2 days), but I think my stall has more to do with a lack of "throne time".  On Round one I didn't have a problem with BMs until the end of my round, but I have also been Paleo and obviously not eating enough fiber!  On HCG, I tend to gorge on lettuce (romaine, not ice burg), but still, it's not enough.  I have increased my magnesium intake, but it looks like a Smooth Move cup of tea is in my future (yuck!).  As Ron White says, "I am going to back into a new wardrobe"!

OK, we've covered poop, what's next, ah yes, saggy skin.  I still think for the most part that my skin is already a lost cause, but that doesn't stop me from flapping my arms (my bat wings), staring at the "elephant" thighs (not because they are fat, but because they are saggy), the "apron" I am gaining with my belly sagging down.  Ugh!  Did I mention that my boobs are a bit saggy?  Like all the way down to my waist!

Turns out that the whole "you can donate loose skin to a burn center for free surgery", is an Urban Legend.  Nope, you are stuck trying to find wholesale plastic surgery.

I am still not sure about prices, but boobs will be about 5 to 7k each, my bat wings will be about 5k-ish (and will probably need PT).  My belly?  about 10-15k and a weeks worth of recovery.  My thighs?  Don't know. Either way we're looking at 20 to 30k, and since we don't have that kind of money, and I don't have a marketing strategy to cash in on my weight loss and Paleo lifestyle,  I guess I am SOL, at least until I come up with an idea. 

I would rather be thin with saggy skin, then fat with taunt but incredibly stretched to the max skin.  And, is surgery really worth it?  Going under a general anesthetic is not always wise.  I am losing weight to improve my health and live my life, not get thin to put my life in jeopardy!

With today's choices of Lycra and spandex, I can squeeze the whole mess in.  I may have to forfeit shorts and skorts, but there's always peddle pushers (clam diggers) and "flower child" skirts.  For swim wear, I am thinking of a surfer shirt and trunks, but I could always switch to board shorts.  No more tanks, but I am single handily bringing back the 80's, I can wear tanks with an open Hawaiian print shirt over them, to go with my Farrah Fawcett hair!

Off to deal with the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment