Monday, December 31, 2012

The New Year is TOMORROW!!!!

I love December 31st.  When you bid someone a goodbye, you get to say "see you next year!".  The holidays are over, and a new routine will settle into place.  Resolutions are made (and broken).  The new year means turning over a new leaf!

I ended up gaining 7 lbs over Christmas.  Now, don't get me wrong, I stayed Paleo, just on the far edge of it.  Lots of Paleo-ized goodies, including French Toast (made with banana bread) and lots of bacon!  This morning I began with a 2 lb loss (yea!), only 5 more to go until I hit Virgin Fat Territory (VFT) again.

While cruising thru the web, I noticed a lot of folks (Mel at the clothes make the girl and Michelle over at Nom Nom Paleo) are going to do a Whole 30 to start off the new year.

If you haven't done one, head on over to Melissa and Dallas Hartwig's site and check it out.  30 days of healthy eating.  You have 3 meals (each consisting of a SERVING of meat and 1 to 2 cups of veggies, and an added healthy fat).  No snacking.  No sugar (you may have fruit).  Plenty of recipes from Nom Nom Paleo, Melissa Joulwan's book Well Fed, and The Foodie Project, a web site with TONS of Whole 30 Approved recipes.  There is no way to be bored, and the bonus?  Getting healthy/healthier!

I had made plans to do this in 2012, I even bought Melissa and Dallas' book It Starts With Food, but I didn't do the challenge (silly me!).  I am going to join the Elite of the Paleo world and do the challenge myself!  I invite you to join me.  What is there to lose?  Is there something bad about being healthy?  Eating whole foods?  Ditching soda for water?  The side effect of LOSING WEIGHT!  Very awesome and powerful stuff.

I especially recommend doing the Whole 30 as an introduction into the Paleo way of eating (it's not a diet, it's a life style).  It's a great way to try it out.  You can do anything for 30 days, even ditch the grains, breads, sugars, legumes.  Hey, it's only one month.  Try it!

I will keep everyone posted on what I am doing and eating.  How I feel, and how to overcome the sugar cravings (yep, I get them too!).

See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment