Monday, December 10, 2012

Whoa, Big Gain

Just yesterday, I was working out a "diet" to do to actively lose these last 15 to 20 lbs, imagine my surprise when the scale showed that I weighed 200 lbs!  Again, my fat % is only up by .3, leading me to believe that this is more water weight than gained fat.

Irregardless, I am not going to sit on my hands any longer.  I will be doing a modified hCG P2 protocol, with an increase of meat and vegetables (except squashes).  It will be a low carb/low fat regime. 

I was fairly naughty last night, craving protein I had bacon and eggs at around 7:30 pm.  I should never eat much past 6 pm, but I did, including salt on my eggs, which, I believe is not a true weight gain, but I will find out tomorrow, when I weigh in.  Yep, back to daily weigh ins.  I have to keep track to see if this will pan out correctly.

I still have a month before I can start Crossfit, and I don't want to walk in at 200 lbs (and beyond).

Game plan:

6 oz meat and unlimited veggies (2 meals/day)

Increase my water intake to 64 oz (minimum)

Continue my walking and exercising (deep knee bends, push ups, etc)

No eating after 6 pm.

Morning weigh in.

I will be taking measurements and compare to my last.  Considering my 14/16s still fit, I don't think I have gotten any bigger, OK, why be coy, FATTER.  I don't want to lose everything that I have gained (being thinner, stronger, feeling better about myself).  I still need to lose more weight anyway.  I want to be in the 60's, 70's, or even the 80's. 

My new goal is 165, so I have 45 lbs to go.  I am hoping that I won't have to another round of hCG, and just using common sense (which hasn't worked so well for me so far, arg!), smartly start losing weight again. 

I will be super happy about the first 15 lbs lost, everything after that is gravy.  I believe that I am the type of person who needs a strong regime to stay the course.  I have been sticking to Paleo, and haven't wavered from it, but I have spent far too much time on the far sides of Paleo, including eating late, eating dates, Paleo crunch and having far too much salt.  If it wasn't for Paleo, I would have brought on 20 or 30 lbs easily, but instead, I have only gone up 5 to 9 lbs (my lowest was 191, my stable weight was 195), and that's LOTS easier to lose.

Time to become a fat burner, and stay away from the sugar.  My beloved dark chocolate will be set aside for the time being.  Meat and veggies for me!  I am actually excited to see what I can accomplish on my own.  hCG is great, and a miracle for me, but I can't rely on hCG or any else to keep me from gaining weight.

I have watched too many folks get on hCG and lose bunches of weight, then slowly (sometimes not so slowly) regain weight, and they are left scratching their heads, unable to think of what to do.  I am of the mind that when something works, go back and try again.  hCG does work for many, but not alone.  The diet just makes sense.  So, it's back to the drawing board, or back to basics, as it were.

Sitting around a bemoaning my fate certainly isn't going to help me.  I have to be proactive, rather than reactive.  Since I have been planning to actually "diet" by cutting fats and sweets, I think I am on the right track!

I will be reporting my measurements and tomorrow's weigh in, to see if I am on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment