Monday, December 3, 2012

Had a gain but...

...I have an explanation.

This morning, I was up 1.6 lbs!  Scary!  What wasn't up was my "fat" reading on my scale.  Considering that I have been getting stronger, and a visit with my "girly friend", and that my pants still fit fine, I am going to chalk this gain to muscle mass and water retention.

If you have the means to get a scale with fat measurement, I whole heartedly endorse this purchase!  Even if it's not exact by any means, it does differentiate between fat and water (little electric current running through your feet, no, it won't electrocute you).

My plan is to eat clean, which means a P2 diet in P3 portions.  I have to go shopping today, so I will be picking up food for me.  I just realized that when I shop for groceries, that I have to keep a separate list for me, and one for my family.  They have really dived head first into SAD, although the kids and the dinner meals are still Paleo/Primal. 

A piece of bummer news, I am noticing more and more that my 3 yo (the Peanut) is eating like me.  For him, life is about bread and sugar.  Although he is not fat and still is solid on the growth chart, I don't want him to live like I did.  We are going to skate the holidays, and then in the New Year, get down to brass tacks.  I have been feeding the Littles different than what I eat, that is going to change.  What I have for lunch, they will have for lunch.  The difference will be breakfast, since I don't eat b-fast normally.  Lot's of protein and healthy fats, which is usually what they have.  Unfortunately, The Colonel will give them toast, and make them sandwiches on weekends, which makes my weekdays a bit harder.  Even I will get lazy and let them have bread (so, I am at fault too).  I spoke to The Colonel, and he has agreed with my assessment, so I will be scouring the cookbooks again, and finding good healthy Paleo meals for myself and the smalls.  Well, they will be Primal (they eat cheese, and don't have to be so strict, they are growing after all!).

Getting out and exercising is uber important too.  Today, I am going to make an appointment for next week to join my CrossFit box, and hopefully, learning about CrossFit, I can modify for the kids.  Me being stronger can only help them.

Well, that's about all that going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment