Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Made It!

Today is day VLCD 70.  I woke up to a 1.2 lb loss, which puts me that much under my Last Drop Weight (LDW).  I made it to 60 lbs lost!  60 lbs in 70 days is almost surreal!

Tomorrow I start a leptin reset (LeptinRx).  Leptin is the driving force in the hypothalamus (which controls weight).  I have all the signs of being leptin resistant (LR), which explains why I have absolutely no control when it comes to food.

The signals that should tell me to stop eating are being blocked by years of bad health.  So, I could eat a big dinner, and still eat afterwards.  The Colonel is also LR, going by his behaviours, but this is too new agey for him, and he is in the "I'm not fat" camp "so I am healthy".  Unfortunately, he is wrong.  Lord willing, I will be able to be an example. 

I want to be healthy so bad!  Weight loss being a side effect, but I want to be strong and secure in who I am, not continue to be tied down to food.

I will start my day with a BAB (big ass breakfast), I have to get in between 50 and 70 grams of protein, and make sure I use healthy fats (coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, etc) to keep my body burning fat for energy, not sugar.  So, for the next 6 weeks, I will be eating my standard P2 diet, just more of it and adding fat.

Tomorrow I will be posting the results of my 70 day journey (with pictures - ugg).  Which will also be day one of my 6 week reset, before diving back into HCG!  Healthy, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment