Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 12 and the big 4 6 is tomorrow!

12 days into my 100 burpees in 100 days.  The first 3 burpees I do are pretty good, the rest...well, I do them (sorta).  Tomorrow is day 13, I'll let you know...

Tomorrow is also my birthday.  Nothing special planned, but my eldest son got me flowers (awwwwww, isn't that sweet).  His dad is teaching him that when in doubt, get flowers.  The Colonel got us a new car a couple of weeks ago, so it counts as a birthday present!

Things are going pretty well.  I was hitting the 35% in fat ratio, which is not good.  This morning I was down to 34%, I want to get down some more.  27% would be awesome, but I'll take what I can get.  Now I am just working to 33% (one third seems like a lot, but there was a time I had a 47% body fat, yep, nearly half my weight was fat!). I am hoping that circumstances will allow for me to do another hCG round. I have stabilized well, and other than minor issues, I don't see a problem with doing another round to get to my holy grail weight on 160 to 175. This range would be good for me. All the experts say 148 is ideal, but I am not out to be a twig, just at a healthy (for me) weight. At dinner tonight, my birthday was brought up, and to be cheeky, my father in law said "39 again, and holding", I told him that I don't mind being 46, considering that two years ago, I didn't think I would make it to 46. He asked why. At 44, I 325 + pounds, sore knees from carting around all that weight, being prescribed high blood pressure meds, given a paper with a bunch of fake "heart healthy" foods to choose from to "control my cholesterol. When I asked about "something" to help me with weight loss, I just got the sad, pouty face from my nurse practitioner. I was treated like a lost cause. I felt like a lost cause. I also asked about hCG, and was told that it's a scam. Everyone who has used it just regained the weight. It wouldn't work. I should just eat the USDA heart healthy diet, and I would eventually lose the weight. Really? Because I have eaten "heart healthy" recommended diet for 44 years, and I was as big as a house! Sometimes you have to choose for yourself. I took the plunge. I did hCG, I took the time to research new ways of eating that involved whole foods, I made the choice to stay away from grains, legumes, processed sugar, almost all dairy products. In return, although still overweight, I have maintained my losses for 8 months now. I will never be "skinny", and I don't want to be. I am happy with who I am, another 20 to 40 lbs would be great, but even if I stayed in the 200 lb range, I can live with it. I have said before that I am a rebel. I do what I do, I take the time to learn, I take the easy road when I can, and the hard road if I have to. Barring any unforeseen tumbling episodes on the stairs, I will be alive tomorrow and for many years to come. I don't fear high blood pressure, because I don't have it. I don't fear high cholesterol because mine is normal. I don't fear a heart attack, because I am stronger and in better health now at 46 then I was 10 or even 20 years ago. I will wake up a happy human tomorrow. I will hug and kiss my husband and children. I will thank God for all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment