Saturday, March 30, 2013

Confessions (Damn my eyes....)

Sorry gang, I have been naughty about posting.  I would love to say that I have been working diligently and melting away like I was on hCG, but I can't.

I have been staying Paleo, but eating far too much.  As everyone knows, portion control is not my forte. 

Yesterday was a wake up call.  I stepped on the scale and weighed in at 206.6 lbs!  That's 2 lbs over my last drop weight (204.4).  I realized that this has to be nipped in the bud immediately.

I fasted through breakfast, and had steak and cucumber for lunch (dipped in mustard).  Dinner was BBQ chicken and shredded sweet potatoes.  A bit too much starch, but I do have to keep up a decent calorie count.  500 cals a day are fine with hCG, but not without.  And just to make my life a bit more fun, my girly time kicked in. 

I am hoping a few of these added pounds are just water and yuck weight, but still, I have come too far to settle at anything above 200 lbs.  I still have a goal of 185 or less, so I have 20 lbs to lose.  I was hoping to do another round of hCG (it's so easy!), but our finances will not brook that, so back to basics the Paleo way.

Never fear, dear readers, a set back is just that, a set back.  It is so easy to quit and cry "foul", and "it's not fair", but, as you know, I don't do that.  I am responsible for what goes into my mouth.  This gain is on me for making poor decisions, for giving into my cravings and wants, instead of being diligent in my battle o'the bulge.

It happens to us all.  We can throw in the towel, or we can stand our ground, even against ourselves.

Do you want to quit?  Don't.  Stay the course.  If you veer off the path, turn around and get back on it.  Not tomorrow, now.  Don't let bad choices become habit. 

If it was easy, everyone would do it.  It's not easy, but it's worth it.  Totally.

No comments:

Post a Comment