Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Normal is Normal

Over these last 9 months I have learned so much.  I have learned about food, weight loss, even myself.  Who know that I could have such stick-to-it-tiveness (I don't think that's a word...it is now!)?  Even now, everything I eat, planning my families meals, the things I do, have all become normal.  Now, the very thought of getting food from a box seems abnormal!

If we stop to eat on the road, I know that I have to go into whatever restaurant we're at, why?  Because I have to have my food a certain way.  I expect this to take a couple of minutes, and let everyone else order first.  I always start by apologizing, and thanking the server for their time, that way, they will try a bit harder to give me what I am PAYING for.  But, this is normal.

Yesterday, I was feeling a bit blue, and didn't feel like doing anything.  What is normal now for me "not doing anything"?  Going out for a neighborhood walk!  Out I went.  Alone, just me and my flashlight (and cell phone, of course).  I added an extra block or two, I walked at a quicker pace, and even contemplated jogging (not yet, but soon).  My new normal is that I can wear shorts and not have them ride up my thighs!  My new normal is my thighs not rubbing together.

There are still so many things that I have to learn being thinner.  Little weird things pop up everyday.  Big weird things pop up too.  Weird to me is how I look and see some things that aren't normal for a fat woman.  I am not that fat woman, yeah, I am overweight, but not FAT anymore.  I am still trying to see this, and probably never will, but I am adjusting to my new normal.



No comments:

Post a Comment